Monday, August 27, 2007

Viva Las Hospital


My Dearest Kendall,

I hate being stuck here in bed but until my body stops rejecting the replacement tissue, I have no choice. I am strapped down and 2 IV tubes are coming out of me, helping my feeble body to reabsorb. I am so glad you fared so much better and hope for both of our sakes that you don't experience any complications. I am told I will be fine and since the operation was a success, in time the polar reaction between us will fade, in fact, Dr. F said that we should be able to see each other within the month.

He said that our side effect was typical with this kind of organ exchange, and only temporary. When I do see you again, it better be with Crunk Juice in hand, that sounds so great, as does your mention of Bourbon street, I miss them and you so. I am curious about the tour group you described, as for the finch shouldered gentleman, was he alone? Did he seem to be leading or cavorting with any other woodland animals? There is evidence mounting about there being some kind of revolution in the animal kingdom...have you heard or maybe meditated on this idea? Any thoughts? And the guy with our book, are you sure?

I imagined the one who ordered it as a complete sociopath...maybe it was a clever character cover and he is really a spy...when we wrote it, we were trying to exaggerate enough to make obvious the relative unscariness of the eerie history of our favorite city...it is a beautiful paradox of a place with so many recoveries that it doesn't take much creativity to tell a persuasively interesting and devastating story, vampires and all. I will be home soon my love and better than ever...my nurse is here telling me how well I am doing and how great the incisions look, 206 stitches including the 100 internal ones, I guess we will know if it is worth it as time moves on. I miss you and want you to know that as soon as I am there to hold our python and lead the ghost tours, we can begin our real work...

Love,

Tara 'Crunklovin' Sutch

No comments: